PayPal account verification

EJMorelos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I mistakenly created a US PayPal account and I used dummy information since I intended to use it only for the rewards that I usually receive from referrals. The money was already sent to my PayPal account. However I don't have any documents or ID's I can present to verify the details on my account since I used dummy info. My account is already restricted from sending, withdrawal and payments. I was advised to add a US bank account in order for me to withdraw the funds but whenever I try to add an American Express Virtual Debit Card, I am getting an error message that I need to go to the resolution center. When I go to the link all I can do is to add a US account which is looping me around and around. What can I do with my situation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @EJMorelos,

I'm sorry to hear that an account was created with illegitimate information. It would not be possible to add a card that matches the fake information on your account, so I regret that the solution provided is not valid and I apologize for the misinformation.

Please contact customer service to discuss the possibility of refunding of payments that have been received.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.