PayPal account restricted

duncan1979_1
Contributor
Contributor
I sent an item to my friend in Denmark (I live in Sweden) in order to sell it a few weeks ago. He managed to sell it (not accepting payment through PayPal) and tonight he was going to send me my money through PayPal. Turns out he can't and I received an email with the following: "Someone tried to send you money using PayPal, but the amount exceeded limits set by European law. To lift the limit, the law requires you to verify your identity.". I followed all the instructions and PayPal says that they will review the information and get back to me in 2-4 business days. Why does it take that long? I provided photo of my driving licence, copies of bank statement and so on. Does this mean that I cannot use PayPal to even pay for services or goods?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@duncan1979_1 

It just does and sometimes longer. The time it takes for them to verify accounts vary widely. You can contact them via Twitter @askpaypal to follow up. 

Is the account limited? Does it say you can’t send or buy? Go to the Resolution Center to see if there are limitation cases open.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.