PayPal account limitations

Maryam1234
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account has been limited for over a month now and I’ve been trying to call and email PayPal but I’m left on hold and I’m sent automated email responses. I’ve sent the information to prove that it’s me and still haven’t gotten a helpful response. I’m just wondering if anyone can help me. I live in Ireland btw.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maryam1234 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maryam1234 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maryam1234
Contributor
Contributor

No I haven’t. Thanks a lot for telling me!

Login to Me Too

Shahzadyounas
New Community Member

hello paypal my name is a shahzad <removed> and i'm from oman so paypal can you please tell me why you limitation my account i give you my all information you clear my limitations ok i give you all docommects 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello Shahzadyounas, 

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forums. I'm very sorry but you are not able to receive account-specific assistance from PayPal here on the forums.

If you need to contact PayPal customer service directly, you can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

acmmangune
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I also experiencing this problem right now. PayPal requires me to submit a proof of identity and proof of address. I already submitted a document to prove my identity but right now, this proof of address is my problem. I'm living with my parents and I don't have any documents that is named to me. Everything that will prove my address is named from my parents account. With that I am worried if I will be able to lift my Account limitation due to this missing document/information. I've already tried sending my parents billing document but it was declined because the name on that document is not mine.

I still have money on my account which is from my part time work. I am still a student and need that money. If PayPal will always declined the documents I will submit (which is from my parents account). I don't know what to do anymore.

Please help me on this matter. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

chido1st

I am having a similar issue to many with limitation to my account. It says it needs proof of identify which I provided weeks ago. 

The page says 2-3 business days, and a representative said 10-14 day, and another told me they don't have access to that information. I have to get in contact with someone and they say that they do not accept messages from customers. In the 3 conversation I have had representative bluntly ignore my questions, and typically reply with something like "I am unsure so, I can not provide that information to you." Then they send me an email saying they may close my account permanently and the told me if that happens i can always make payment to paypal credit via a phone number they gave me. 

Another representative told me "if you wish you can speak to my manager who will tell you the exact same thing." I really don't mean to complain as much I am, but I don't understand why is going on or why they are ignoring all my questions.  This the worst customer support I have ever had, and I just don't even know what to do since they have told me I have to just wait an undefined amount of time.  

Any suggestions? 

Login to Me Too

Zayed222
Contributor
Contributor
Hello can you tell me how you solve the limit account please
Login to Me Too

BobWhites
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. You have helped me immensely.

Login to Me Too

I_w
New Community Member

Please I can't send money because there are limitations on my Account, but when when I click on the resolution center, PayPal says You Can't use PayPal Anymore. Please help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.