PayPal account limitation restored or make a new one?

Abbilash
Contributor
Contributor

When my PayPal account got limited, I got this email from them. 

Hello Abbilash <removed>,

Your account is limited because you were a minor when you created this PayPal account. According to our PayPal User Agreement, you must be at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in your state of residence, to sign up for a PayPal account.

When you're at least 18 years old or have reached the age of majority in your state residence, please contact us so we can assist you with restoring your account.

While your account is limited, you can't send or receive money. If you have money in your PayPal balance, disbursement can be handled in one of two ways:

• Option 1: Your remaining account balance can be used to refund the buyers.
    • You can do this by logging into your PayPal account and clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. To issue any refunds, please provide the following details:
      • The customer's email address.
      • The original payment amount.
      • The original payment date.
  • Option 2: Your remaining account balance may also be withdrawn by clicking Withdraw near the top of the page.
    • We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to building a relationship with you going forward.
  • Since you are 18 years old now, therefore open a new account

Thanks,
JJ
PayPal

So it says I can have my account restored or make a new one. Which should I do? And if I do make a new, can my cards and bank accounts linked be removed or do you just terminate that account? I would really appreciate some help so I can get back to PayPal.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.