PayPal account hacked

Will481
New Community Member

I’m another of the 1000’s of victims of a hacked PayPal account. I have spent hours and £50 on call charges trying to recover the £233.40 stolen from my bank account. PayPal were useless. I will never use them again. Their investigations are pathetic and their security systems flimsy. Does any one have any suggestions how I can recover my money?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Will481,

Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with some recent unauthorized activity. Normally, the decision made at the conclusion of a claim is final and can only be appealed if new information is presented, which was not considered during the original review. If PayPal has closed a unauthorized dispute without a refund, it's normally because our investigation teams were unable to definitively determine there was unauthorized activity on the account. If an appeal is available, you'll see the option in the Resolution Center, under Closed Cases in the Action Column of your case. 

You can also view our PayPal Purchase Protection for more information. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best Wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.