PayPal account hacked- now PayPal is sending me to collections!!

Lwarner
Contributor
Contributor

I do not understand why I am receiving a letter from American Caradius collection agency on your behalf! My mind is blown away by the way my case has been handled! I loved using Paypal until someone recently hacked into my PayPal account and made over $250 in fraudulent purchases. Not to mention that same night I realized my PayPal account was hacked, I googled PayPal customer service number and got a number that led to a fraudulent customer service!! The talked me into buying $100 of Google Play gift cards and giving them the card #s! I know I should have known better , but seriously why isn’t PayPal doing something about this?!?! I know PayPal knows their identity is being used by scammers so then why is this passed on to the trusting customer??? So I am now being sent to a collection agency- because PayPal reimbursed me for the fraudulent purchases at the same time my bank , USAA, got a reimbursement from PayPal. I called PayPal to acknowledge I received more money and was working with my bank to return the funds to PayPal. My bank is telling me to wait until the fraud case is closed and they would take care of paying paypal for any overages. I have never had such a headache over an issue like this before- actually I’ve never had fraudulent purchases before PayPal. I have be a loyal PayPal user for years and PayPal knows their customers are being scammed. Why do I feel like I am being scammed all over again by PayPal!?!? I feel like I am having to jump through whoops to resolve this issue, I do not need my credit **bleep** up because of PayPal and the scammers. Please know I will be closing my account after my balance is resolved. I will make sure I have a negative balance, I never wanted to get money back that wasn’t mine, I just wanted the fraudulent purchases reimbursed. I’m done!! Libby Warner

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.