PayPal account hacked - Can't turn 2-step authentication off.

ScytheGG
New Community Member

Hey there, yesterday I received a message, that my PayPal account had turned on my 2-step authentication, and at first, I was like huh? Then I started seeing notifications of purchases using my PayPal account. I quickly changed the password to everything, and luckily they can't access my account. But the problem is, that they turned on the 2-step authentication, so now I can't access my account either. Is there any possible way to get into account without the 2-step authentication, or do I have to possibly just give that account up (meaning basically just let it be)?

I had to make this account just to contact people, so this isn't the actual account lol.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Joy

Hi @ScytheGG,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing these issues. For this situation, I suggest contacting us to provide additional details. To contact our Customer Support, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

ScytheGGG
New Community Member

Hey, this is me on my main account again. I got it back. I just had to make a call to customer support, then got transferred to a certain department, and in 10 minutes I was back in this account and in control of it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

@ScytheGGG,

I'm glad to hear that you have gained access to your account again. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions you may have in the future.

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.