PayPal Stole my and probably many other peoples money And severely underpay their staff.

Dylan9446
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Whoever is reading this.

So I recently bought and was refunded an item from oversees.

At the time of payment the amount was for 473 Euro (was equivalent to 427GBP at the time but i paid 445GBP for a converstion rate from GBP to Euro Which is ridiculous in and of itself)

Refund was issued from the merchant for the amount of 473 Euro (Now equivalent to 420 GBP) but no refund of the conversion fee of 18 GBP 

So i dont mind obviously losing the Euro value changes.. I understand Currency has a fluctuating value.. But to take 18 GBP for converting GBP to Euro and not also refund that i have an issue with.

So i phone Paypal, of course they connect me to the Philippines.. You know i spoke to one of their team who disclosed to me that they make the equivalent of 2 GBP per day working at the paypal call center. Which is another matter entirely. Here's me spending Hundreds of pounds on items (Normal in our culture) Connected to a man or woman who is making 2 GBP per day. So there's that.. They pay people in the lowest ecconomic countries to listen to the ridiculous first world problems of our countries.. It does make me feel incredibly uncomfortable that they are trained to be overly apologetic im sorry im sorry over and over again. 

Anyway! 

So this filipino Lady tells me that its because of the difference in Euro value that i only recieved 420 GBP vs 445 GBP paid, to which i respond that its not that at all.. At the date of purchase the Euro was 0.90GBP and today it stands at 0.89GBP meaning that what should have cost me 427GBP at the time is now only worth 420GBP .. That isnt the issue..

She goes away and tells me to hold the line. Comes back to tell me theres nothing she can do and the same thing, that the euro is now lower than it was. 

I know its not the euro price.

Its PayPals overpriced conversion Fee that has not been refunded 

And theres nothing she can do about that, in fact she wouldnt even admit that that was the reason for me missing funds, she repeatedly used the excuse that it was to do with current conversion rates, at one point she tried to say the merchant refunded a lower amount.. Which is just simply not true.. The amounts in Euro were the same on the payment and the refund.

I feel bad for the call center workers. So i end the call there.

But is this not Ridiculous? 

So paypal - at my expense - made enough money to pay a call center worker for 9 full days of work because i purchased an item from germany and had it refunded after sending the item back.

I asked also to be linked to the exact terms upon which i agreed, she didnt want to do that either.

So TLDR, paypal took profit from me and did not refund me the full amount for the transaction. How much profit do they need?

Help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.