PayPal Security Lapse

Macqid
New Community Member

Hello,

I am experiencing a serious security problem on PayPal...

Suddenly, since a few weeks, all the payment notices I receive from PayPal have shipping addresses that are different from the address provided to PayPal by the payee... in one or even several ways!

First of all, each of the payment notifications I have received in recent weeks erroneously had the zip code/NPA in the payee’s address preceded by the term “CH-“ , whether for Japan, for Italy or elsewhere in the world  other than Switzerland !!!

Then today, Not only did the shipping address, I received in PayPal's payment notification (for a sale to Italy) specify the zip code wrongly preceded by “CH-“ as described above, but, this time the country was missing altogether from the address:

Buyer

Redacted

Redacted

Redacted

Shipping address

Redacted

Redacted

CH-90143 Palermo PA

Clearly, if I were to follow PayPal rules and mail the package to the exact address specified by PayPal, the package would get lost, or, at best, returned  to sender.

Moreover, what's just as bad if not worse is that PayPal has not provided me with any means to report this issue directly to them, other than to here 'the Community', which of course also is unacceptable.

But perhaps, one of the kind Community members here can advise me as to how I can report this issue to PayPal support directly.

Thank you.

Macquid

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.