PayPal Scam Alert. How can protect my funds from PayPal?

Chandrayee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Recently, one of my customers claimed a chargeback that the item has not received, 3 months after the purchase. 

I supplied PayPal with the tracking no, which proves that item was received within 15 days of purchase. Just received an email from PayPal that the decision was put on buyer's favor. 

Is this a joke? I never knew, PayPal scam people like this. 

How do i resolve this issue?

Please suggest. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Chandrayee

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

Chargeback is different from a PayPal Claim/Dispute. A chargeback is initiated by the Card issuer of a Buyer. A chargeback is a dispute outside PayPal. We are not the one who decide with the outcome of the chargeback. 
In the case of a chargeback, we’ll negotiate with your customer’s credit card company on your behalf but still, it's the Card Issuer who make those decision. Here's more details about Chargeback and Seller Protection. Hope this helps!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Chandrayee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. 

It shows PayPal's incompetence as a payment gateway. And why we should not have used this stupid gateway in the first place.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.