PayPal Russia Transfer

Jaybs
Contributor
Contributor

Over the past two months I've sent PayPal transfer money from UK to Russia to help support a friends Private Health Care following a stroke, with no problem. The last payment 8th August was hopefully the last needed, but my friends PayPal account when he went into it was Blocked?

After speaking to PayPal UK they gave me a telephone number in Russia for them to call to see why the account has been blocked they have rang several times and no explanation will be given, and it seems there is no way for my money to be returned to my own account. Meanwhile the private health care has been stopped.

Anyone any suggestions what I can do to get my money transfer returned? PayPal here in the UK keep telling me they can do nothing! I have used PayPal since it first started and all purchases online I pay by PayPal, but this now concerns me.

jay

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaybs 

The recipient has to contact PayPal customer service about their PayPal account limitation and resolve it to get access to the money  They might have to verify their identity and purpose of the funds. Otherwise, if you want to get your money back, you might be successful in disputing it back if you sent the money as goods and services.

For them to contact customer service:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jaybs
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick response, my friends have spoke to PayPal Russia now 4 times, and all they will tell them is they have been blocked, no further explanation, Russia?? Previous payments no problem! 

It was just money transfer, not for goods, looks as if the money has been lost, kept by PayPal Russia, never expected this from PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

Jaybs
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly since I have been a user of PayPal since they first started, and use them every day, as I see it as a secure way to purchase online not giving details to every seller or website, but the problem is no where being resolved.

I have exchanged that many messages with support, quite a few were unanswered, spoke to them on the phone several times, their claim is the money was transferred to PayPal Russia so it is not their responsibility, yesterday they told me to contact my bank and ask for a Payment Reversal, I spoke to three departments in the Bank and they have never even heard of that term? The Bank told me they can't refund as the money was accepted by PayPal?

In desperation I raised it to resolution but they answered quickly and said as it is not fraud they can do nothing and the case is closed!

The money has not been delivered to the person I sent it to, all PayPal Russia will say is their account has been closed and they will not tell them why? I asked PayPal to ask, but they seem unwilling to do so. £82.20p being retired and only on government pension is a lot of money to me, has anyone and ideas what I can do? Thanks, it can't be Legal to hold on to my money when it is has not been delivered!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaybs 

How did you send the funds ie which paypal option?

How did you fund the paypal payment ie which funding source?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jaybs
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

I sent the money in UK pounds which was converted to Russian Ruble, I used my bank debit card, hope that helps.

Thanks John

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaybs 

No, I meant how did you send the funds ie friends / family OR goods / services OR money request / invoice OR paypal.me link.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.