PayPal Protection in Online Commercial Purchases from Private Parties

Pdiscus
New Community Member

****Without a car, I have to get any online purchases shipped. I screenshot the item web page which yields the description, pictures and price. Before sending the PayPal funds, I dispatch an email to the private seller both describing and picturing the item in question with the price and asking  for a return email invoice for accounting purposes. Once the funds are sent, I send another email asking for tracking data.

My questions and wonderments are: 1. Would Paypal protect me if nothing was ever shipped to me? 2. Would Paypal protect me if I took a video of the parcel opening and found sand in place of the ordered items. 3. If there are better practices to follow or there are any specific sites/posts I should read, your kind references would be very much appreciated.

Please note that PayPal categorizes my account as private and I use it to send money to friends and family as well as the purchases discussed. Location: USA.

I am thankful for anyone kind enough to aid me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.