PayPal Protection Plan a fraud for anyone else?

texanative
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal users beware. You may THINK you have coverage as a PayPal user based on their stated Purchase Protection Plan. Our experience says you do not.
My husband and I both purchased an item from a website using PayPal. The item came shipped from Illinois. It was NOT EVEN REMOTELY like the item we thought we were purchasing and was a total piece of you_know_what.
PayPal claims this as covered in their Purchase Protection Plan:
3. Your order arrives, but it's significantly different than it was described.
Even though that term is subjective, I am telling you... This was clearly "significantly different".
We both filed fraud claims in their Dispute Resolution Center. The first offer from the company was for 20% of the purchase price. We said "no". The next (and last) offer via the center is for us to ship back to CHINA! Not Illinois. AND that would cost more that the total cost of the original purchase. I still want a full refund based on what their plan says they cover, but at least if I was shipping to Illinois that would be roughly 20% of my total loss at this point.
PayPal has locked the dispute and does not offer any more negotiation on this charge.
We are NOT going to be PayPal for purchases any more. Nope. They just lost our little business.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

falgut69
Contributor
Contributor

this has happened now three times i have had three claims rejected all the goods are false the show goods that look great and you think they are from here the are not in fact all of mine were from china. first one was a advertised as a shearling coat and the ad had a photograph of the tv show longmire showing the coat. i contacted the supplier three times no response from china. i contacted paypal opened a dispute and after sending everything paypal asked for i called paypal and talked to a representative he advised me and provided a return address to return the coat to china that cost another $30. so now the coat and mailing cost to china is around $90. and after numerous months of frustrating back and forth  they found in favor of the supplier.

case # 2.   this time the case is only a few months old same story the ad on facebook showed a citizens diver watch reduced to $45 for a sale, i ordered the watch used paypal to pay for the watch it arrived was not even close to the watch i bought i read the return instructions send the watch back to a address here in the usa. i contacted paypal opened a dispute and after providing all requested information paypal again asked for more information that i already sent them before so after a week or so they also denied the claim. i will never again buy anything advertised on facebook as they are using false advertising and outright dishonesty to rip you off. paypal and facebook are doing nothing about it.

Login to Me Too

texanative
Contributor
Contributor

GRRRRRR. Sad to hear this is happening to others. Already done some social media posts, then plan to send emails and letters to several highly ranked folks at PayPal soon. Dunno if that will change any practices, but it's all I can do.

Login to Me Too

falgut69
Contributor
Contributor

good luck in your effort i think it will be a waste of your time. i have given up on paypal to resolve anything

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.