PayPal Permanently Limited my account - Without Warning

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling digital goods on my account for about 18 months now. The items are for use on my various websites and everything has been running smoothly. Customers are happy, there are of course the occasional refund as with any business and confused customer. However, I am also careful to make sure all complaints are handled and most of the time things are sorted out in less than 48 hours.

Today I wake up to find that my account has essentially be locked. I can not take payment or remove the $3000 sat in my account.

Calling PayPal I was told that I would have to email PayPal in order to find out what is happening and why and I could not be transferred to the department that would be handling the issue.

This is the message I received:
549744d1ecf61758d1ace6a42cb804ae

When I click the notification it cycles me back around to the same warning message.

Needless to say, I am rather annoyed.

Login to Me Too
94 REPLIES 94

phylie56

They really don't deserve to be functioning they are simply pain in the **bleep** nobody i knew ever said anything good them. 

Login to Me Too

Cris158
Contributor
Contributor

Same story. Any news for your case?

Login to Me Too

KoUn987
Contributor
Contributor

We have 50.000€ on hold and a limited account from april this year. 1300 different buyers and only 18 disputes from which most of them were ruled in our favour. Nobody from Paypal replies, only automated responses. If anybody is in for a classaction suit, contact us.

Login to Me Too

BCRJ99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I've recently come across this problem, to be honest I'm happy I no longer have to have my funds go through PayPal. The main problem in this situation is the holding of my available money, I've been told PayPal will hold the money for a set 180days. doing my research and reading others peoples experience with this problem, majority of accounts are still awaiting their money ( some of these accounts have been wait for over a year! ) I've done all the emails, but simply get the same answer back. they stop you from using the messaging centre, which amazes me as it seems they just want to cut all contact and keep your money. what has came to most surprise, I received an email about the closing of my account BUT not reasons why - just the whole load of BS of your account is a giving off a high risk activity vibe... I can confirm I have been only trading with PayPal for a matter of weeks, every issue that occurred I proved proof of fulfilment all the time. I provided purchase invoices and shipping invoices to prove the items I was selling are in the buyers possessions, everything I done through PayPal was nothing but legit. I've now tried contacting PayPal through Facebook as this is probably the only place ill be able to speak to an agent. calling them does not help, as seems no one is in to answer your calls. my available balance on my account is over £7,000! as you can imagine, this being placed on hold has now stop every opportunity of me trading and has also left me very cash struck. i hope no one experiences this kind of services as its well and truly finished my growing business. 

I'll be happy to keep people updated with this post if you're going through the same thing. by the end of the month I have no luck, I'll be investigating my rights and be looking for professional help in doing so. 

-Ben 

Login to Me Too

romulogatto
Contributor
Contributor

Have anyone any success with any kind of appealing? I had my account limited today, right after receiving an order of 2 items, doubling my usual value, bu nothing really far from it(my medium ticket is $300 and I got an order of $600 today).

I'm with $4,3k and as I am on my first month, I'll literally broke if they hold it for 6 months. It needs to have a way to do an appeal on it.

Login to Me Too

ToonarmY
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me today too. I sold a gaming console and sent it off to the buyer. Tried to withdraw funds and listed another gaming console then suddenly my account was permanently locked with no explanation. How can they get away with holding other people's money for this amount of time. I dont even have any disputes against the items i have sold!
Login to Me Too

aviccica
New Community Member

They did this to me out of the blue today. Seller on eBay with 100 positive feedback. No issues with customers or eBay as a whole. No issues with fraud. And I'm totally dumbfounded. They won't tell me why except that I'm too "high risk". I'm planning on doing all that I can with this. With COVID at an all-time high I have tons of time on my hands and am excited for the challenge. I seriously hope PayPal suffers a terrible fate. They are "concerned" about fraudulent activity when they are the frauds. Small claims court, perhaps? What's worked for you guys? I'm down for whatever. Let the games begin...

Login to Me Too

michsammy
Contributor
Contributor
Please count me in, they have done me wrong and dirty too. I have only had 3 sales and they limited my account. I have migraines dealing with their pointless questions and generic responses. I'm suing for pain and suffering.
Login to Me Too

ToonarmY
Contributor
Contributor
Let me know if you have any luck. Similar situation and pretty fed up of paypal hiding behind its paper policies and copy pasted answers
Login to Me Too

VenA4
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there , any update to your situation? I’m now in the same jam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.