PayPal Permanently Limited my account - Without Warning

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling digital goods on my account for about 18 months now. The items are for use on my various websites and everything has been running smoothly. Customers are happy, there are of course the occasional refund as with any business and confused customer. However, I am also careful to make sure all complaints are handled and most of the time things are sorted out in less than 48 hours.

Today I wake up to find that my account has essentially be locked. I can not take payment or remove the $3000 sat in my account.

Calling PayPal I was told that I would have to email PayPal in order to find out what is happening and why and I could not be transferred to the department that would be handling the issue.

This is the message I received:
549744d1ecf61758d1ace6a42cb804ae

When I click the notification it cycles me back around to the same warning message.

Needless to say, I am rather annoyed.

Login to Me Too
94 REPLIES 94

What-Is-Taters
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a similar issue, though unlikely it was VPN related. I have been poking around and at one point there was a note that what I was trying to do (apply for a savings or whatever) was due to them being "unable to confirm your identity" so I may have a jumping off point to proceed. Hope that's the case and its workable to get my account working again.

Login to Me Too

YayaWhite1
Were you able to get this resolved?
Login to Me Too

adlanhaikal
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I logged on PayPal while I was on VPN for work and that's why my account got Permanent Limitation. I just opened an account in May as Personal use. Made a mistake to convert it to business as trial thought I can return to Personal. They are not helping me and I need this account to be active. Would appreciate if anyone can help. Customer Service reply that its misbehaviour while I only paid $15 with my account 

Login to Me Too

Moon31
Hi, i'm having the same problem, I recieved their notification today. I don't live in the USA, do you think sending them the same email could work in my case?
Login to Me Too

natalja80

Cool, thank you for info. I will do the same if nothing changes as hold our money I agree it is absolutely nonsense. Have same problem with my account without any warning from today.

Login to Me Too

SmgwearW
Contributor
Contributor
Any luck
Login to Me Too

Cubie135
I’m having the same issue and I have $500 in my account that I can’t move. There has to be some way for my money to be transferred out.
Login to Me Too

kristimalushi1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did they release the funds you had after 180 days passed? or did they keep it
Login to Me Too

Mark641
Contributor
Contributor
How can i withdraw my balance in my account?
Login to Me Too

freeamazon
Contributor
Contributor
Without reason permanent limitation my account I need restore my account I can again back my account Please tell me details about politicy
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.