‘PayPal Payment’ on bank statement that I did not authorise

Bryonymlong
Contributor
Contributor
I checked my bank account app like I always do every morning and was surprised/horrified at the fact PayPal had taken £50.00 and £5.58 out my bank account. I recently changed my account setting to business, seeing online it was free and it a freelance artist so I thought it would better protect my information. Why did this occur? From everything I’ve read online it’s completely free to have a PayPal Business account? If not it’s very misleading.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Bryonymlong

Thanks for reaching out! Sending money to friends and family through your PayPal Balance or bank account is free, however receiving funds for goods and services does charge 2.9% + $.30. You can find more information about our Fees at that link or the bottom of any page. Those fees will charge right away and be taken from the funds received into your account. 

However, if you have an unrecognized charge on your account, I highly recommend reporting that transaction to review it further

Best of luck selling!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.