PayPal Manual Dispute

Jeannie_CK
Contributor
Contributor
I've been using PayPal for years now, and never had to file a dispute. However, recently a mobile game I invest money in decided to stop working and blocked a lot of its players out from using facebook login, which makes us lose our accounts. Since I wasnt able to receive my in game services due to this, I had to file a dispute for the transactions. After many days of trying and still getting the "we've experienced an error on our side" I decided to message PayPal about it. After sending the message initially, they had their automated response telling me how to file a dispute. I explained that I couldn't file a dispute because it would constantly give me an error, later I received a reply from their employee "Greggie", who was very nice and told me how to file a manual dispute and assured me they will help me with getting my money back. I followed all the instructions and went through and typed all the dates and amounts, transaction and invoice ID etc and sent an email. After waiting about a day, I finally got a response.. and again it is just the same automated response that told me how to file a dispute. I'm pretty upset at this point, so I sent an email back explaining that I already went through this process, and I just need to file a manual dispute since their system isnt working. Then I get an email from their employee "Manoj" completely dismissing my case. He basically said, cant help you. Have a good day. .. if this is how PayPal is supposed to protect us I dont know why I would use PayPal anymore. I'm also wondering if theres a way to find this Manoj employee and make a complaint, this isnt how he should be doing his job. Didnt even try to help, I wonder if he is doing the same thing to others.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeannie_CK 

How were you paying for the game? Was it friends/family or goods/services?

Secondly as it was a virtual/digital transaction by the sound of it then normally you are only covered for non receipt of item and not not as described, so as you received the services then you probably are not covered. Paypal does not cover you for warranties for services being withdrawn down the line. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jeannie_CK
Contributor
Contributor
The in game purchase I made was actually a level up package, and I didn't reach the level up and the game had blocked me from the game. Its a common issue that happened with many people unable to connect back to their account through Facebook. I had actually managed to file a dispute a month ago with PayPal for one of the transactions and was able to get my money back, and since the seller still had no reply I decided to get my money back for all of the level up packages that I didn't receive. This time however, the original way I used to file the dispute wasn't working and kept showing an error so I had to message PayPal and do it manually. But it seems like they won't help me with it ..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.