PayPal Lied - 'refund previously issued' - Despite it Failing! Claim Denied. What now?

Ltappouni
Contributor
Contributor

I'll keep this brief, but basically an ongoing situation - after an eBay purchase a month ago, a 'scammer' seems to have immediately withdrawn the money. No item, immediately initiated refund. Now on refund 4 (the first 3 were pending for a week and subsequently failed). Refund 4 is also likely to fail, as it's probably trying to refund from an empty account. 

So, opened a PayPal dispute because the item was not received, thinking I would be covered by Buyer Protection. They refused my claim on the basis of 'refund previously issued', which is utter nonsense. No refund has cleared into my account! They just keep failing, and PayPal seem unwilling to take any firm action. This happened between 'refund' 2 and 'refund' 3. 

In my most recent contact with them, I was assured that after refund 3 fails (which it did), they would manually initiate the refund, and there would be no 4th attempt. But lo and behold, today I got the email to say the 4th refund has been initiated...

Any advice? I seem to be stuck in an endless refund loop - initiate/fail - initiate/fail... - with no way out.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.