PayPal Helps Fraudulent Merchant Ticket Fulfillment

David_J68
Contributor
Contributor

A family member purchased very expensive concert tickets from Ticket Fulfillment (TF) without my permission or knowledge and I immediately tried to cancel with both PayPal and TF saying it was an unauthorized purchase. PayPal said it was an "automatic payment" and could not be canceled. TF replied to my email saying it was authorized and that they had a no refund policy. I put a stop payment on my bank account and again told PayPal to cancel due to unauthorized purchase and opened a dispute. Two days later I received an email from PayPal that my dispute was denied and the charged my credit card as my "back up" form of payment. Again I disputed the purchase with PayPal again I was denied. I called PayPal and the customer service representative said according to their records I had not received the product, I confirmed this and she reopened my dispute as, product not received. Two days later I received a midnight email saying the denied my dispute because the product was delivered. Since the purchase I have not received an email from Ticket Fulfillment to confirm the purchase or information on the tickets or how to download them. I called PayPal and found out TF sent the tickets to the wrong email address, an invalid email address but had somehow proven to PayPal that the tickets were delivered. Bottom line, $1400 in unauthorized tickets purchased and no tickets in my possession! No help from either PayPal or Ticket Fullfillment. PayPal is not here to help its Users only the Merchants. PayPal has policies to protect themselves and their merchant's. PayPal is no longer a "safe" way to make online purchases and they help fraudulent merchant's sell their products to Users.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

anthonymiller
Contributor
Contributor
This company has been sued by multiple state attorney generals and paid hundreds of thousands of fines. Google has all lowest possible reviews calling it a scam. Better business bureau gives company F and has 387 complaints. They are deceptive but PayPal likes their money. PayPal doesn’t care about ethics. It cares about fees. Even though this company has proven again and again it operates outside of the law it has a license to steal your money via PayPal. Does an airline take your money and say if we find a ticket for less we will give it to you on the last day before the flight. Otherwise we will give you money back. I dont care what tiny print in terms of service says this company is in the business of deception and theft and PayPal in my view enables and condones it.
Login to Me Too

timscarey
New Community Member
This just happened to me as well. After disputing a purchase from Ticket Fulfillment Services due to not receiving either A) Tickets B) Any confirmation that I was going to receive tickets C) Any means by which to contact TFS PayPal denied my dispute citing the reason as "Your item or product was delivered to you." I realize TFS has and is being sued in several states. We need a class action against PayPal as this is a known issue and they seem to be profiting from it.
Login to Me Too

Colete
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone here should be reporting PayPal to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFBP). PayPal should be refunding or at least ceasing to do business with this company.

Submit your complaint here:

www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint 

Login to Me Too

Captain2015
New Community Member
I too purchased tickets from what I thought was Ticket Master, was Ticket Fullfillment Services LP. After hitting deadends with them for cancelation, PayPal, and Amex, I am disgusted. I welcome any suggestions. Ticket Fullfillment Services told me I can resell them. How? Supposedly they will appear on my phone 6 days prior to concert. What a scam!
Login to Me Too

Brandy1978-43
Contributor
Contributor
I just now realized that several of the tickets I purchased for over a $1,000.00 each were through this company and I don’t have any way of getting these tickets. I started researching and discovered all of these fraudulent transactions and posts. I purchased them through PayPal. What do I do? Please help me start the process or point me in the direction to try to recover some of the money I am out due to this scam.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brandy1978-43 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.