PayPal Help?

IHJ
New Community Member

I have a pending claim in the Resolution Center for the incorrect item sent by SwipeUpDeals, Transaction ID 65U76019YT421220P. PayPal has now instructed me to return the item AT MY EXPENSE to receive a full refund of the purchase price, which was $29.99 + $4.95 shipping. MY COSTS TO RETURN THE ITEM BY USPS WILL BE $28.00. THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT. THE SELLER MADE THE MISTAKE, AND SHOULD PAY THE RETURN SHIPPING AS WELL AS GIVE THE REFUND. CAN PAYPAL HELP?  I did not know about Return Shipping On Us until it popped up today, but it is the SELLER'S mistake, not PayPal's.

The item was ordered in late November 2020. Email confirmation of the order was received. The tracking link showed that a postage label was printed and waiting for item to arrive in California. When the item arrived, it was not a battery operated rechargeable handheld chainsaw trimmer, it was a hacksaw. Numerous emails were been sent to the seller to ask for a full refund, but with no response regarding resolution. There is no other contact information on the seller's website other than the ones used for the resolution requests. The seller phone number on PayPal[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] rings once, then shows user busy. Internet searches show that apparently numerous other buyers have similar problems with this seller.

After PayPal became involved, the seller next said that the correct item had been shipped, and so on and so forth.  Now after the dispute, they expect me to pay $28 to pay for shipping their mistake to Canada.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IHJ 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.