PayPal Emails called Login Notification questions

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I received 2 Emails from PayPal today, claiming that I had accessed my PayPal account from an unknown device....

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 11.42.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-25 at 11.44.32 PM.png

This is confusing to me as this is not a new device, and I have logged into my PayPal account many times before, using this exact same laptop.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before, and if so could they explain it to me because I just got these Emails, and it is almost midnight here, as I just got home from closing up at work. Thusly, I could not reach an agent to help me, which has me searching for answers here.

Is this just something that PayPal automatically does if you use your PayPal Balance to pay for something online??

Is it a bug in their system, of some sort??

Otherwise, are they just not able to keep track of my device, for some reason??

Please help me understand this, and Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

crazypj
Contributor
Contributor

Personally I find it pretty 'hit or miss' to receive notifications as log-in 'from unknown (or unrecognised) source.'

Sometimes, every day, other times, not for weeks or months. (just had another notification about 'unrecognized login' but actually read it and there was a 'contact Paypal' link)

I know it's because I'm using a Linux based OS with Firefox set to private browsing but it still sucks to get them after 3 years of using Linux Mint exclusively. (yet another failed update to Win 10 in October 2017 was the final straw for me, microsucks can go PUAR)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.