PayPal Email Analysis

Ana_M884
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! A few weeeks ago a buyer opened an “item defective” case against me. Anyway, I agreed to refund them if they returned the item back. They made a shipping label for the item, sent me the tracking, but never actually shipped. They claimed they have, but that was weeks ago and the tracking never updates past “shipping label created.” Well when the buyer escalated the case, I informed PayPal that I never received the item back. I just received an email from them saying additional information is needed. I’m very confused by this email and the situation in general. To continue our review of your case, we need some additional information. The buyer stated that the item was defective or not as described. Please be aware that due to consumer protection laws, PayPal cannot guarantee the return of your merchandise if the case is found in favor of the buyer What does this mean? Is PayPal going to side with the buyer just because they claimed the item was defective? Do they need proof from me that it wasn’t defective? They also sent this: What to Do Next To continue our review please provide us with the following information: • Item Recived We see that the recently filed a complaint on the transaction above, and we'd like to know if you've reached a resolution with the Buyer. If you have received a refund or you have negotiated a settlement with the Buyer, please let us know by replying to this email What does this mean? I haven’t received the item! Didn’t PayPal check the tracking. and see the post office never even received it? If we do not receive your documentation before April 10, 2019, this case will be closed in the buyer's favor. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant extensions to this time period.    Why would PayPal side with them when the tracking shows they never shipped the item? What do they need from me? What information can I offer them to get them to rule in my favor? Or is the buyer just going to end up with a refund and their item for saying it was defective?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ana_M884 

To me it seems to mean that in some cases of defective items or items not as described, you may not receive the item back. If it is defective or not described in such a way, that PayPal cannot guarantee it being sent back to you.

Send a reply with the return tracking number explaining that you have not received the item back yet. I'd also call customer service to make sure they understand this and have the rep make a note of it.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.