PayPal Doesn't Help At All With Support If You Get Scammed??!

G0desNvrN0tBrkn
New Community Member
So I realize after that there were a lot of clues that were fishy but it was the first time I had use paxful.com. It is a place to buy crypto from individuals with all sorts of different options : PayPal, credit, money transfer, target cards!! And I paid my $200 and then the seller said we had to wait 24 hours before he could send me the BItcoin Bc it took time for PayPal to send it to Kenya. Now I have been in the hospital for half of the month and I am about to go back probably on Friday unfortunately if these antibiotics don't work which they really aren't. And I am on a lot of pain meds so my brain isn't working to its normal potential. But I wanted to get some Bitcoin before it started to go up Bc I knew it was about to and it did. I opened a dispute with PayPal after 29 hours when the seller didn't get back to me. And they very quickly just closed it and sent me a generic email saying it was an ok transaction. What? Really? How in any way possible is that ok? I have been on PayPal since it's inception, from the very beginning around 2000 and I have used it A LOT. I use it monthly for tons of stuff and I pay them to have my $ transferred immediately into my bank account now that they have come up with that. But they can't give me security over $200? I will tell you as a single mother on disability who has been in the hospital four times already this year; twice rushes by ambulance Bc of a horrible reaction to a new medication that the $200, which is 1//9 of my income means a hell of a lot more to me than it does to them. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I bought a video game console and it never came. I thought, ok well I should be smarter online but I was also thinking why isn't PayPal protecting me like my credit cards do? Why should I use it if this is the response? Has anyone ever had an issue like this? I am really thinking now about moving somewhere else to Zelle or one of the newer places I am reading about. I am going to find some place that will give me a little protection Bc that's totally uncool. Sigh. Thanks for listening. Many blessings, Jennifer
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.