PayPal Disputes is a waste of time and effort

wickedtatz
Contributor
Contributor

My opinion is that PayPal Disputes is a total waste of time and effort. I ordered and paid for 2 jigsaw puzzles (from China) in June and received two puzzles that I DID NOT order! I have been waiting for either a refund OR replacement (the ones I originally ordered) jigsaw puzzles. I did what PayPal requested from me within the time specified, however the seller kept requesting more and more time to respond! The upshot is I will get a refund if I return the goods, and quote to PayPal the tracking number. This will entail a cost that will basically be the same as the refund! It seems like PayPal favours sellers and NOT the buying public. Can anyone please explain why this is so?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wickedtatz 

They won't let you keep both item and money. If you had PayPal Return Shipping enabled for your account, you can get reimbursed.

If you do not like the outcome of the dispute, then you may want to dispute the transaction via your card issuer if that is how you paid as per section, "Dispute with us or your card issuer" in the PayPal Purchase Protection Program:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

But PayPal did rule in your favor if you had escalated to a claim and PayPal told you to return item/provide return tracking.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

wickedtatz
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I have no problem returning the items ... but the seller lied when they posted it (stated that it weighed 100g when it actually weighs 714g) and lied in the customs declaration in regards to the value (stated US$15 when it is actually $59.95). I have to declare the correct value and pay for the correct weight to send it back, and it is going to cost nearly as much as refund. Maybe the seller should reimburse me for the shipping as well seeing that they lied to start off with!

Login to Me Too

Sylvs10
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem - ordered Harry Potter Jigsaw and got a shoddy paper 'jigsaw' of USA National Park signs!  Still under dispute after 4 weeks, they will give me a full refund, but only if I return the useless piece of junk, which I'm not prepared to do.  Not happy with Paypal's response - they shouldn't be accepting this scam suppliers as clients!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.