PayPal Dispute, no response from customer service

branstum
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I opened a few cases that were later escalated to disputes. They were all for one transaction, however, I was only able to open a case for each payment I made. Anyway, I was only able to submit some info and evidence for my case and nothing else after that. I contacted customer service in hopes of being able to submit more info and pictures as I saw that it was allowing the seller to submit info over multiple dates, no response. Contacted them again attempting to see if they could somehow morph all three cases into one as it was for one transaction, no response. Contacted them yet again for both reasons above and never heard back either.

Now they are denying one case citing the seller's response and the info provided and then offering a full refund on another case, but only if I return the product at my own expense (covering return shipping). I wouldn't have a problem with returning the item but one: that's the verdict for one of the payments so I would only receive about a third of what I paid in total (not taking my loss on shipping into account), two: the seller is in a different country, and the shipping quotes I have been given are far more expensive than the refund I would receive for the one case, and three: it is only giving me the options of providing a tracking number or cancelling the case.

I emailed them again today pretty much pleading for them to appeal the decision on both cases and to allow me to submit more info. Taking into account their lack of responses to prior emails, I'm not counting on hearing back from them. 

Does anyone have any advice? Pretty much getting **bleep** by not being able to open one case for all three payments for one transaction, the lack of communication from customer service/PayPal, and not being able to submit any info or evidence. Thanks for any and all help in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@branstum

If you pay in deposits for 1 item then normally you are not covered by buyer protection or they will only cover you for x1 dispute per transaction.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

Your best bet would have been to sort it out between you and the seller really as once paypal are involved its pretty much more or less automated and not individualised.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

branstum
Contributor
Contributor

Ah so pretty much no choice? I did try sorting it out with the seller, it, unfortunately, turned pretty nasty. Was pretty much left with no choice but to turn to PayPal in the hopes that it would be sorted in one way or another

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.