PayPal Dispute gone wrong

Omarx65
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short ,

I order a dedicated server online ,There was delays and other issues ,I asked seller for a refund he refused,So i opened a case with PayPal and was ruled against me because PayPal claimed that the service has been provided by the seller even though i asked for a refund prior to the service being provided and i never used it after the seller claimed it was provided .

Also after the dispute was opened with PayPal the seller suspended the service and prior to the case being resolved he removed my account and the service all together even though he claimed he was waiting for the case result before allowing the service to resume or get suspended .

After long chats with PayPal support i received this message which didn't make any sense to me .

"

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding a refund.
I’ve reviewed your account and the screenshot you sent us.

Omar, in the screenshot we can see clearly that you asked for the refund before the service was provided - but then the merchant supplied you with the service. therefore you are not eligible for the buyer protection.

I advise you to contact the merchant directly in order to solve this issue."

Even though i shared with PayPal a picture of an email exchange i had with the seller and in the email exchange the seller basically told me to f**k off .

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Omarx65, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Generally, the decision made at the conclusion of a buyer claim is final and can only be appealed if new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation. If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page.
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop-down menu and find the claim you wish to view.
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column.
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Omarx65
Contributor
Contributor

Last response from PayPal support :-

"

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your claims.
I’ve reviewed your account and it shows that unfortunately PayPal is not offering a buyer protection for Digital services, that’s the reason why we cannot assist you anymore with this case. "

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

That is correct. I'm afraid we do not offer Buyer Protection on Digital services and we would be unable to assist you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.