PayPal Digital Gifts - SCAM with zero support

Pogdog
Contributor
Contributor

I purchases a $50 (US) PayPal digital gift card for Xbox for my son’s birthday.  When completing the order I accidentally typed the email in wrong.  So the digital gift went to an email address that is unknown and no one at the resolution center will help. Each of the three times I filled out a resolution complaint the categorically denied the claim.  They did not offer me any resolution even a phone number where I could speak to someone.  The only reason it gave me to file a complaint was unauthorized use of my account.  So of course I have to choose that one and they deny it saying it doesn’t fit the description. However, they only gave me one choice and the proper reason is not listed as a choice.  Maybe someone here can help me resolve this?  If not I will never use PayPal digital gifts again and I will have to discontinue use of PayPal for me personallu and for my business.  This process seems very dishonest for the consumer and has the feel of a DIGITAL SCAM.!?!  If need be I can file a complaint with the Massachusetts state attorney general and the Better Business Bureau.  Those are my next steps if I can not get any help here. Thank you in advance!  Feel free to share your experiences too if a similar situation occurred with you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JamiW
New Community Member

me too i bought a card through them and its a faulty card its no good and they say its not their problem, and refuse to make it right.

Login to Me Too

hairballgammer
Contributor
Contributor

karma koin through paypal digital gift i have used before and 28th i got scammed by paypal for $10 karma koin digital gift, they say they sent it to email i used and i was signed into paypal used their site for whole transaction, must be they are from one of those countries that scam people now, paypal sux for customer support and try to call them they lower volume so you cant hear them,  thank you come again

how do they sell something and say digital gift no refund isnt that stealing and a crime committed by PayPal or conspiracy to commit fraud

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.