PayPal Denied My Claim in the Resolution Center

temp20200504a
Contributor
Contributor

A few months ago I ordered some masks on a website. I later found out they were coming from China. After about a month, I opened a case in Resolution Center because I had not received my item. After "investigating" for a few days, they were able to get the seller to provide a tracking number. My case went into a holding pattern.

A month after that, the item the seller shipped arrived. I knew something was wrong when the package was tiny. It clearly did not contain the masks I ordered. Furthermore, the description of the contents was "toy" and the value was listed at $10 not the $50 I paid. It ended up being a fidget spinner.

At this point my case was still "under investigation" and there was no way for me to update it with this new information. I knew that PayPal would just close the case since tracking showed it as delivered. So, I updated the case to "item not as described" and provided the additional information. I included a description of what happened, along with the photos I'll attach here.

The seller was clearly fraudulent. Their website doesn't even exist anymore. 

PayPal asked for clearer images of the tracking number (which I provided) but otherwise did not indicate they needed more information. 

Just today I was notified that they denied my claim. What the hell? I fricking hate PayPal - they are so evil. Of course there is no way to talk to an actual human being. They make corresponding in the resolution center painful already. Any ideas here? 

(I blurred out my address and phone number for this thread)

0003_whole_pkg_blurred.jpg

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.