PayPal Customer Service - absolutely crap

Mustang96720
Contributor
Contributor

I purchase items on ebay 20 years ago, but ebay is not great anymore. There are so many problems with seller using divisive advertising. They post a picture of a car part that includes the part, and charge the same price for the part as if that part is included with the item. I found out the item was not included with car part. I filed an unauthorized charge on paypal, but the seller is not able to cancel my ebay order. There no option on paypal to cancel my unauthorized charge, and I call into PayPal to cancel it. They said they will connect me to someone, and after connecting me I get a message your call is being disconnected due to limited support staff. I am forced to use that stupid message help center chat, that takes for over. How the hell do you spread covid over the phone? I should have used my credit card vs my debit card, go back to go old days of chargebacks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Mustang96720
Contributor
Contributor

The stupid chat agent on here cant even understand simple english. I said I need help cancelling my reported unauthorized charge, then the seller can refund me. There is no option for me to cancel it, and the lady that helped me over the phone connected me to an automated message. This **bleep**en annoying, we are in 2020, and there is no cancellation button, and they are still hiring dumbasses that cant understand english. I tried calling paypal, and now their lines are completely busy, and just hangs up due to covid. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mustang96720 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mustang96720
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe it would be so much helpful, if they answered their phone!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mustang96720 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jacuelyndevers
New Community Member
What to my order do I get aney email when my order will come
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.