PayPal Closed my account for being 18

KittieKatt
Contributor
Contributor

So I was finally turning 18 and sent my documents in for approval. If I google it, PayPal states I have to be 18 to have paypal, which my permit (government id) states I am; however, I get an email the next day stating I'm not 21 and violate the terms of service?

Here's what my email looked like:

Hello Baileigh Vaughan,

We reviewed the documents you submitted and have determined you are not yet 21 years old. According to Section 2 of our User Agreement, you must be at least 21 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. For this reason, we have limited your account.

When you're at least 21 years old, please contact us so we can assist you with restoring your account.

I can't call anyone since lines are always full and the online bot freezes trying to pull my account information. I would like to have my paypal back as I plan on using it a lot.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KittieKatt 

This is odd. Did you put in a fake DOB or something that made you 21 yrs old? I mean they are gonna permanently limit your account anyway if you opened the account while still a minor.

Contact PayPal via Twitter @askpaypal for assistance or 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Scroll down to click Message Us or Call Us.

You have to keep trying until you get through. Contact them early, west coast time during business hours:

6:00 AM PT to 6:00 PM PT Monday through Sunday

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KittieKatt
Contributor
Contributor
not at all, the only time i entered a DOB was when i turned 18 but i had no ID at the time so i stopped after the documentation portion. i’ll try to contact them there then and hopefully i get an answer soon. thank you for your recommendation i appreciate it!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.