PayPal Claim - Item Not Received

flirble
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase from a German company back in June, they shipped my order but it arrived very badly damaged - the box was open and badly ripped, but worse the actual top was open, I took photos and such.

Upon checking the content, the courier didn't hang around so I had no option to 'reject' delivery, it only contained 2 of the items I had ordered not all 4, I emailed the company and pointed out the problem that had occurred and patiently waited. I got an auto-reply saying due to COVID-19 they were taking longer than normal etc etc... do not 're-email' them on the same subject as that would slow down response etc etc...

So I waited a few days, I did email them again when no reponse was forthcoming, after 10 days I'd had enough and opened a dispute/claim with PayPal as an Item Not Received (because that's what had happened) attached photo's and email correspondance, yes all one way of course nothing had been responded to, to the case and filed it. At the appropriate juncture it was escalated to paypal as the seller still hadn't responded. The seller added a comment that they would escalate to their customer complaints team who would be in contact with me - they never did contact me - and they added tracking information to the case.

Today (over 6weeks later) paypal have 'denied' my claim because the seller had tracking showing my item had been recieved, I never disputed a box had been received or that I hadn't received some items, I wasn't asking for a full refund only the 50% that I hadn't received plus shipping.

Now I'm stuck, I haven't got my items, I haven't got the refund and of course I'm expecting the seller will not correspond further - not that they have atall anyway....

What do I do, I seem to be at a dead end here as I can't open a SNAD case via resolution center but it appears for this situation a SNAD case is what I actually needed - it would have been great if the agents I'd spoken with during the case review had mentioned a SNAD case may have been more appropriate... but they never did....

Am I stuck, is there anything that can be done? other than using chargeback of course from my card/bank.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flirble 

You should have opened a dispute for 'item received but not as described' ie insufficient quantity of the items ordered.

You filed 'non receipt' so as long as the seller provided trackable proof of delivery then they would win. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flirble 

You should have opened a dispute for 'item received but not as described' ie insufficient quantity of the items ordered.

You filed 'non receipt' so as long as the seller provided trackable proof of delivery then they would win. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flirble
Contributor
Contributor
Yes finally got hold of a PayPal agent and they have reopened the case and changed to SNAD and running through again...
Login to Me Too

flirble
Contributor
Contributor

The saga continues, the case was not found in my favour after I raised a police report, at PayPal's request, got told off for wasting police time as it's a civil matter and nothing to do with them and then after 3 'resubmissions' because the documents didn't say what paypal wanted them to say - they never provided any guidance on what details they wanted into the documentation whatsoever - today I'm told there is nothing to be done and I'll have to pursue my claim outside of paypal process... this has been going on for 2months and I'm still out of pocket and PayPal have been next to useless.... the case is clearly documented, I have photo evidence of everything and done everything paypal have asked me to do but still I'm left without my items, or my refund and I thought transacting via paypal was supposed to be safe and protected.... 😞 off to try the bank chargeback process now - not that I should have to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.