PayPal Cheats - Gives $10 Reward - Doesn't honor it!

Temp20201031
New Community Member

I don't care about the money....I really don't!  Ten dollars is not going to make or break my day!  But PayPal sent me an email offering me a $10 reward on my next purchase using PayPal.  So, I activated the award, and made a purchase.  I received a receipt confirmation from PayPal showing the transaction and the application of the $10 reward.  I was satisfied.  Next thing I know, the Merchant (Home Depot) charged my card, but for the full amount.  I spoke with the Merchant and they told me that the offer was from PayPal and so PayPal must honor it.  Confused, I showed them the receipt from PayPal showing the $10 reduction of the final purchase price, but they said to take it up with PayPal.

So I did, I used the Resolution Center, and submitted all sorts of evidence.  The email showing the $10 offer; the purchase transaction with Home Depot; and the receipt confirmation from PayPal showing the deduction.   After a week, I get a reply that says my complaint for "incorrect amount" is denied for lack of evidence.  I appealed and insisted that it's there OWN receipt that shows the $10 deduction; that they sent me an offer in my email to utilize this award; that I was in compliance in every way.  Still, even upon appeal, even with their OWN email showing a their $10 deduction on the receipt of transaction, I was still denied.  Well, $10 doesn't mean anything to me, and it SHOULDN'T mean anything to a humongous business entity like PayPal, but it meant enough for me to close my account and will not be using PayPal EVER again.  I mean the whole point of PayPal is to protect the consumer; giving you that extra protection instead of using an ordinary bank credit card.  Instead, it's all a sham and I will stick with my credit card companies.  I don't usually make complaints, but when I do, they're always in my corner and fight for me!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.