PayPal Charge on Bank Statement but no PayPal transaction

Steveeyes
Contributor
Contributor

I have spent hours trying to find the answer. What answers I found lead me nowhere. Sorry for the rant but as I write this I'm frustrated with the lack of help you get from PayPal.

I was checking my bank statement online and noticed a $5.99 charge from paypal on 4-3-20. It didn't ring a bell so I went to my PayPal account to check on recent activity but there was no transaction during that time or the amount of $5.99 listed. 

Went to paypal to report it but to report a problem you have to choose a transaction...........guess what...........as I said above there was no transaction listed on paypal but there was a charge on my bank statement. Frustrating!

Below is a screen shot of the charge on my bank statement.  Th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]is a paypal number.

<removed>

Because of COVID19 there is no phone support. Not sure if this is the right place  to get support but thought I'd give it a shot.  Hope all is safe during these times.

Take Care

p.s. One of the things I found was related to a guest account.  I wanted to mention that in case someone offered that as a possible solution. There was no guest account used.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steveeyes 

What does the item description for the charge listing say? Is it a specific PayPal charge or its from a merchant (ie. PAYPAL *[MERCHANT NAME] $5.99) Best that you report the unrecognized charge to your bank since it is appearing there and not in PayPal.

Can't be a recurring payment since PayPal sends a email receipt and also shows a listing in your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steveeyes 

What does the item description for the charge listing say? Is it a specific PayPal charge or its from a merchant (ie. PAYPAL *[MERCHANT NAME] $5.99) Best that you report the unrecognized charge to your bank since it is appearing there and not in PayPal.

Can't be a recurring payment since PayPal sends a email receipt and also shows a listing in your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Steveeyes
Contributor
Contributor

Hey....thanks for the reply. I tried to include a screen shot but not sure PayPal allows it.  It is a specific paypal charge, not from a merchant. Let me try posting it

POS Withdrawal PAYPAL *INTERNET 7700 EASTPORT <removed> <removed>CA US ************<removed>

Not sure Paypal will delete some of the info above. The last time they removed the phone number in the screen shot. It is a paypal phone number listed in the transaction on my bank statement.  Hopefully paypal doesn't delete or block out my above info

Login to Me Too

sublimeinks
New Community Member

I'm curious if you ever figured out what the charge was from? I have a charge in my bank account from "PayPal: Transfer: PaypalMTCU CO PayPal" for $50 on December 31, and I have no charge in my PayPal account. I already called my bank and they suggested I contact PayPal first. So I'm trying that but thought I may be able to get an answer here. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.