PayPal Bug: Adding Phone Verification without Email Verification

edsparxxx
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that people are logging into their paypal account and being able to add phone verification without verifying the login email address first.

You should not be able to add a phone verification number without being able to verify the email address. Period.

Example:

I setup email addresses for my clients at my business. Each email address has its own paypal for billing. I set them up in the customers name however with my business email. Once in a while they shut me out by adding their cell phone and have legal issues with them. They are not the account holder and now if they start messing around with cc fraud it is associated with my business.

<Removed>

password

They add the phone number verification to the account. BUT THEY ARE NOT PROMPTED TO VERIFY THE EMAIL ADDRESS FIRST. So now they are under my umbrella. If they mess up, it shuts down all my @ mycompany.com paypals. Causing me a problem. There should be protection. We are the ones using paypal and making paypal money instead of other platforms.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

edsparxxx
Contributor
Contributor

The main solution is to just start it with crap email address.

I don't want to deplete the bank of bunk email addresses.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.