PayPal Blocked My Account. I WANT MY MONEY!

thecashaccount
Contributor
Contributor

I no-longer reside in the UK, as I've relocated to East Africa, and so PayPal has decided to block my account. I can't access my account on the browser at all. I can only do that via the app. But then I have a cash balance on my account and the app doesn't allow me to send the money to my brother, who resides in the USA.

So, essentially, my PayPal account is BLOCKED. I can't do anything on there, and now PayPal practically OWNS MY MONEY.

And so I got in touch with PayPal Assistant via the app and OMG I've been corresponding with them every single day for TWO WEEKS, and to no avail. They've asked me for my ID and bank statement as proof of my current address, but no sooner had I sent these over than they'd requested again and again for the same documents. Finally, after speaking to a different assistant every single day, someone managed to escalate my documents to the relevant department for action.

Soon enough, PayPal Assistant comes back to me to say my documents have been rejected because I have a P.O. Box reflecting on my bank statement instead of my residential address, when in actual fact my bank statement has BOTH my P.O. Box AND residential address printed on there. Question is, are they even READING these documents?

After explaining that to the assistant, he tells me he's passed on this information to the relevant department and that they'll be in touch with me via email in 72 hours. Well, I'm still waiting, but it looks like we're going to be doing this all over again.

HERE'S WHAT I WANT

I don't care about the account anymore, all I want is my money transferred to my brother's PayPal account and I've written, signed and sent a letter to that effect via the app and via an email address I was given by them.

My final words in my message to PayPal Assistant read: Try and remember, this is MY MONEY we're talking about here. I put it there. It belongs to ME, not PayPal.

Just before writing this letter on this community forum, I checked my PayPal account via the app. The hundreds of dollars are still on my account; the chat history has been completely erased by PayPal themselves (and this is the THIRD time this is happening).

I have never been runaround like this in my life. Have any of you experienced such treatment from PayPal and if so, how did you go about getting it resolved, if at all?

The more I look at the way things are going, the more conceivable it is that this forum post, PAYPAL STEALING MONEY DIRECT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT, holds water.

In Conclusion

So, PayPal have everything they requested from me but instead of releasing my money, they're sending me on a wild goose chase. I'm hoping that this open letter drives my point home loud and clear, and that eventually SOMEONE at PayPal Support will take action. I WANT MY MONEY. PERIOD!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.