PayPal Big Scam still going on

kody5492
New Community Member

I had to make rent and so I decided to sell my 12gb lenovo laptop which I had spent 1300$ on a year ago, and well.. I sold it to somebody who ended up having a different name throughout this process. On ebay- I shipped my laptop after it sold for 935$ and I payed about 70$ for safe shipping, gave him the tracking number and I sent it to this Address.. <Removed> I was notified the buyer had sent a double payment and that PayPal was withholding my funds as they reached the refund limit to the buyer. They said I need to send 935$ to receive 1870.00$.. the email looked so legit, no errors even redirected it to the PayPal page saying I needed to send this guy some money. (Had a safe website logo too). These people are getting really good at this, I only had 450$ and I couldn't make the payment if I tried but I'm glad I didnt. I googled this situation and found similar posts regarding to this. I would appreciate if people could promote this post and even donate for my stupidity to <Removed> I dont want to ask anybody for money but this laptop was the last thing I could sell and now I am wondering what I'm going to do for rent, I get disability so I'm on a fixed income and I didnt get as much money as I thought I would for this month.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.