PayPal Accountability

Courtworkee
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a swing set and right afterwards I felt something wasn’t right. The preferred method of payment by the seller was PayPal so I felt very secure in making the purchase. I contacted PayPal withIn 24 hours and told them that I purchased a swing set yet it showed on my PayPal activity that it was for “clothing” . I told them I thought it was a fraud and wanted to cancel and get my money back. I never received any kind of confirmation in regards to my purchase or anything. I basically had no way to get in contact with the seller. A couple days later I get an email from PayPal with a tracking # thru USPS along with an email address. I waited a week longer and I sent something to the seller stating it showed no movement in my tracking and basically was just stalled saying they were waiting on them to create a label (whatever that meant). I got a response from the seller promising that I would receive my order along with a gift for my trouble and to just be patient because of Covid-19 things were being delayed. I waited another month and finally started seeing where my item was in customs and eventually in the USA. I began tracking it each day to see when my swing set would be delivered. I got a notice on Saturday that it had been delivered to my house. When I went out to the mailbox there was a small package inside and when I opened it there was a pair of socks inside!! No swing set but a pair of socks. I get an email from PayPal today saying my claim has been closed because it was showing delivered. There is no way for me to contact anyone regarding this situation and I can no longer open a dispute on a closed claim. After spending countless hours reading the community forum I can’t help but wonder if PayPal isn’t in the bed with these crooks!! There is no accountability for them to do the right thing. No way to speak to a representative and explain. No nothing except I’m out $98 on a freakin pair of socks that was supposed to be a swing set. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!? Is it that hard to do the right thing?!?!?! Paypal should be ashamed for allowing people like this to take money from law abiding citizens. PayPal is nothing more than part of the problem for allowing this to happen. Shame on you!!!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.