PayPal Account Banned For Processing Too Much, Too Fast? Can I Move to be Compliant?

PaulEurope
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

I sell virtual gaming currency (WoW Gold etc), and services (account training, quest completions, defeating bosses). I have operated in this space for 10 years now. I have competitors who have operated freely from the UK and other parts of the EU freely, without interruption. But me operating from Portugal seems to be an issue. I'm open to moving my business wherever I need to in order to be compliant with Paypal, but have had major troubles getting any sort of straight answer from the Paypal team. My account was limited after receiving a large amount within 3-4 days of being open. I was promised numerous times that it was a simple review, provided all documentation of my business doing $1m+ per month with other payment processors and everything seemed fine. I passed 2 compliance reviews, and was told I would be classed a as a medium business and my limitation would be lifted within 24h. 

Fast forward 24h,

I get a call saying i'm banned because I processed too much money, too fast. Surprise! And that my services are not something Paypal deems to be compliant? I offer the same services already offered by merchants over the years. The only difference is where we are based. I am open to moving, or making any adjustments needed, but would like some guidance as to where I would be considered compliant. An example of what I sell is WoW Gold, LoL boosting, completing quests and other tedious tasks etc. My chargeback rate is under 1% and we have a great reputation. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.