Pay pay copy cat scam

newman0913
New Community Member
Today I called PayPal to cancel a Payment that has been made in error, while speaking to this gentleman he said in order to get a refund I needed to log into my PayPal account put my email in and my name and that once I did that I would get my refund Unfortunately, that did not work, so he said we jace to verify you, do you have another way to prove your identity he told me to download quick review which I Did. Assuming this was legitimate PayPal I complied with what he asked During this process be then told me he could refund my money through zelle which is through wellsfargo In order to do this he had to use my Apple Pay credits which frankly I did not understand. He said to zelle Nancy migoil $498 and as soon as I send that then I was suppose to do a request for the $498 plus I would then get back my 18.25 and 35.24 that I was disputing. Dumb me, I sent the money and after I sent it and said ok now you will refund me the total of 542.49 he then continued to avoid the question and tell me that the transfer did not work and that I had to do it again The money did transfer from my account because I get alerts for transactions made from my Wells Fargo account I then realized I was being scammed, I argued with this man and told him he scammed me and that he was committing fraud. He then said thank you for calling PayPal and hung up Within minutes I got a call from the “supervisor” and he told me I can assure you If you send 542.49, I guarantee you, you will get the refund I argued with this gentleman I told him the legit PayPal company would never have me send to then send me money back So now I have had to change all my stuff with Wells Fargo and have a dispute out with the fraud department with my bank and PayPal Be careful please!!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.