Pay pal allows scammer to rip me off

Masterlitchuk
Contributor
Contributor

I was stupid enough to join a so called auction site. They asked for a deposit before you use the site yes I should have spotted the warning signs! Well OK 59.99 a lot of money but the auctions looked good and been recommended by a journalist I knew so stupidly i trusted and it had paypal. Well I joined and then next thing I look at my paypal account and I had been charged 2 lots of 59.99. So I asked paypal to return my money as I never wanted top use this site and of course there is no way to contact the owners or request a refund of course. So I started 2 cases against this company and both were refused so paypal is fine with a scammer charging someone 2 times. not returning there money and no responding st any email. So now I will go to my bank and denie the payment and Paypal can discuss this with my bank because I will not allow a scammer to do me over and then add insult to everything else with this rubbish when paypal a meant to be a so called honest broker to think this is ok..!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Masterlitchuk 

Your welcome, sorry we wasted your time by responding and trying to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Masterlitchuk 

What type of case did you file? If you filed Unauthorized Payment, PayPal will deny it because you did indeed send payment, not that someone used your account to pay without your permission or knowledge. 

Contact customer service for assistance to see if you can change the reason for dispute to something else, like duplicate charges:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Masterlitchuk 

Also check here.

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Masterlitchuk
Contributor
Contributor

If someone takes 2 times the original displayed amount while only showing the agreed amount!  That is a fraud especially if they only show they are taking 1 amount isn't that an unauthorised payment?

Anyhow, I filed a case and it was disallowed I am not messing around discussing it anymore. If PayPal won't see this is fraud then my bank will. I have already discussed it with them and they are really annoyed that the merchant PayPal won't sort this mess out. I asked via your disputes pannel why should I have to ask in a non-logical way?

Unauthorised is taken without my permission or knowledge is it not?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Masterlitchuk 

Your welcome, sorry we wasted your time by responding and trying to help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Masterlitchuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi trust me it helped, but as the case is closed Paypal is refusing to do any more. The advice was helpful uncouthly just not a solution in my case;(

Login to Me Too

ytmor
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from a scammer and PayPal said they woou9ld refund my money. I sent the wotrhless thing they sent to me back and gave PayPal the information and trackiong number. After waiting for the resolution they wriote that they closed the claim because I didn't send them the tracking information . They conmfirmed that they received the tracking informatio in the resolution center but now they say that they didnt't recive it. UAre trhey [rotecting the scammers insterad oof their customers?

Login to Me Too

TLA3
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! PAYPAL, YOU need to contact me!!!!!!

Mar 12 2020
Microsoft Corporation Automatic Payment
Loading transaction details for Microsoft Corporation Automatic Payment
- negative $103.11

Collapse transaction for Transaction date: 03/14/2020 PAYPAL *MICROSOFT OFFIC[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]WA
Transaction date: 03/12/2020
Card type: Visa
Transaction type: Purchases
Merchant description: COMPUTER SOFTWARE STORES
Merchant information[Removed. Phone #s not permitted], WA
Reference number: 9644
Merchant Name: get more information about merchant name change MICROSOFT Select to Edit the merchant name
Transaction Category: get more information about transaction category Shopping & Entertainment: Electronics Select to Edit the transaction category
Online Transaction: Y
Dispute this transaction

Ext Imm Pymt Transfer
Transaction date: 03/25/2020
Card type: Visa
Transaction type: Payments
Reference number: 4910
Merchant Name: get more information about merchant name change

3-14-2020

Thanks,

PayPal

March 12, 2020
Microsoft Corporation
-negative $103.11
Automatic Payment

Paid with
Bank of America BankAmericard Visa Credit Card
VISA Credit Card x-xxx
You'll see "PAYPAL *MICROSOFT OFFICE " on your card statement.

Manage Microsoft Corporation payments

Category
Software

Transaction ID
******************** I will keep the real numbers

Seller info
Microsoft Corporation

Invoice ID

Note
Office 365 Home Beta

Purchase details
Office 365 Home Beta
$99.99
Tax
$3.12
Total
$103.12

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.