Pay in 4 purchase / Never received item/ Paypal says, can't dispute charges HELP!

bibi310
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  

I was scammed on Facebook by an ad to purchase some wreaths. The total of the 3 wreaths is $115.00 and the company has a Chinese name and no phone number or any way to contact them. I did make pay in 4 installment agreement through Paypal now, I've made 2 payments of $28.99 and have never received anything. I don't know what to do since I can't dispute a loan agreement between Paypal and me, but I was scammed.

Does anyone know what steps I can take to remedy this situation? Let this be a warning to anyone doing Pay in 4 agreements ( you are not covered with the same protection from fraud). I would greatly appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi bibi310, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

Our Buyer Protection Policy still applies to these transactions. Once the full amount has been paid, you will be able to dispute the transaction if you have not received the item. 

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi bibi310, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

Our Buyer Protection Policy still applies to these transactions. Once the full amount has been paid, you will be able to dispute the transaction if you have not received the item. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Aellis87
New Community Member
How do I go about doing this? I also fell victim to this recently and I paid the transaction in full
Login to Me Too

bibi310
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Paypal would not let me dispute or escalate my complaint until I contacted the seller. I did eventually receive the item after I paid my 4 payments but of course, it is not at all what I expected. So, I contacted the seller and they agreed to give me a partial refund. Which I accepted ( what choice do I have?)  it is better than nothing. Paypal still is not that good about enforcing these policies and I just wanted this over with. I'm sorry, I can't give you a great answer but I would find out through Paypal how to contact the seller directly and demand that they offer you a full refund especially if you never received anything that you ordered.

Login to Me Too

Faiths52
New Community Member

Thank you and bless you for your help

Login to Me Too

christipiano
New Community Member

Wow! So you have to pay in full & hope you receive what you ordered? I'm having a difficult time contacting the seller since there's no phone number & the web address "doesn't exist". 

Thanks, PayPal - you've been a great help. And it's supposed to be the safe way to purchase...doesn't feel like it right now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.