Pay Pal refused to reimburse my money

Numberal
New Community Member

I ordered a hedge trimmer from Numberal for $57.16. I received three face masks from China.  I filed a claim with Pay Pal. They denied my claim. I am sure I just got scammed by both companies. I will tell everyone I can Not to trust Pay Pal as they could care less about us and no they do NOT honor what they tell you when you use there service. Thanks Pay Pal You cheated me just like Numberal did.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Numberal 

ok, can't add anything to that if you don't actually want to say what happened or request advice so good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bear04
New Community Member

My transaction was with Longcaver4294268   I ordered a pool to be shipped to my Great Niece.  Never got a confirmation but PayPal sent me a confirmation of the transaction "from the seller" .  Then thru PayPal I got details of the Shipment by seller thru UPS.  I tracked the package and it said it was delivered to rear door.  No package arrived.  UPS would not let me file a missing package report due to the way it was shipped.  I had to go back to the seller.  I filed s dispute with PayPal and they came back and Denied the claim because UPS said it was delivered.  No I am paying for something I did not receive. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bear04 

Disputes for non receipt are automated, so tracking supplied = dispute closed.

So if you want your money back do as paypal advise.

The BBB is a mediation service only and has no influence over sellers in China so if you want your money back.......

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NAVYQAS
Contributor
Contributor

Paid 62 bucks for a hedge trimmer from China 3 months ago, received several face masks after months of complaining, PayPal's fault for letting scammers use their name. THEN PayPal has the audacity to refuse reimbursement (two times now to me), we are going for # three try now because of my insistence. 

Just how many PayPal customers and times does PayPal investigators have to hear about hedge trimmers NOT being received and a face mask is received in it's place before they see a pattern of FRAUD?  I hope the credit card companies goes after PayPal's sloppy security and make them pay.  I have spent so many hours waisted trying to make this right, it's not even the money any more, it's the idea that people place their trust in PayPal's contract to them and get the run around when help is needed. 

Login to Me Too

NAVYQAS
Contributor
Contributor

I received an offer to settle for a partial refund, yes they offered to pay back $52 of the $62 bucks I paid. So I was asked to except an offer to pay $10  for a paper face mask when I ordered a hedge trimmer, does that make sense to any human on this earth?  What kind of low life business people are out there?

PayPal needs to stop dealing with scum from china, some are ok but the trash needs to be weeded out by PayPal, they are ruining your good reputation. 

Login to Me Too

NAVYQAS
Contributor
Contributor
Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 10 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller’s favor.

After 4 months of investigations and deal making on a $62.58 purchase I received this demand BELOW from PayPal. Even though I was one on many who got scammed on the hedge trimmer and receiving a paper face mask instead deal.

To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Examples of such agencies could include:

• The Internet Crime Complaint Center state's Consumer Protection office
  • Your state police
  • A Federal law enforcement agency such as the FBI or Postal Inspection Service
  • A report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) isn’t acceptable for this document request

Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

• Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
  • Report specific details regarding the item you received
  • You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
  • The report must contain the following information: It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    • It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    • It must include the agency's or organization's contact information (goes on and on, room ran out)

Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

How can you submit your documents?

You’ll need to log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Center to upload the requested documents and provide notes for this case. This is the quickest way for us to receive and review your information.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Login to Me Too

NAVYQAS
Contributor
Contributor

I Had the exact same situation, receive paper face mask instead of hedge trimmer ordered for $62, opened three cases over a six month ordeal trying to recover funds payed to China (with a Russian name email account) PayPal said I needed to provide a law enforcement report and I did but it was not excepted as enough. The final word from PayPal is this transaction was not covered by PayPal protection Plan. SO, just so you all know if you think PayPal is going to return your money in a fraud incident you are wrong, Do you think I would have bought and paid a for ANY ITEM from China without PayPal's protection? Folks don't make the mistake trusting PayPal, They do NOT back purchases and need to be held accountable in some manner.    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.