Pay Pal is not protecting as they claim

Justone1
Contributor
Contributor

I lost 35$ because I trusted paypal,

After i received advertisement for smart watch, samsung like, I was suspicious but i trusted paypal, what can  go wrong, but I was wrong because paypal is not protecting you against frauds, 

first i didn't receive it at all but after i complained to dispute center they contacted seller who immediately sent it express by airmail, but what seller sent is just piece of not working junk, and guess what, i already got dispute and can not claim any more, but in first case i didnt receive what i ordered

this is very dishonest practice by paypal,

all in one I'm tricked with the help of  paypal

thanks a lot

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justone1 

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but that is not a 100% guarantee of everything or an insurance policy.

You need to read up on what they offer and then risk assess your own transactions.

You are allowed x1 dispute per transaction HOWEVER if you open a dispute for non receipt of item and the seller then sends it and its misdescribed then you can 'change' that dispute from non receipt to not as described as long as you did not close it first.

If you did then contact customer services as sometimes they will open a dispute for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Justone1
Contributor
Contributor

yes, thats exactly whats happened,

at first i didnt receive it, but after i complained to pay pal they contacted seller end he sent me junk by airmail just to be sure to have confirmation of delivery, so i was dead, now i can not complain that he sent me junk instead of advertised thing.

but im right, i didnt receive what i paid for... so the case should be still opened... just the hole in paypal regulation which is misused by dishonest seller, but im sad that the only thing i believed was pay pal, but not anymore   

Login to Me Too

Kaitgw69
Contributor
Contributor
I had a different issue. Someone is using Samsung Pay linked to PayPal (seems my account) in Mexico. I complained but not only does PayPal refuse to refund, they allowed 2 more fraudulent charges to go through!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.