Pay Pal SCAM Franchise Store

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor

I reported this transaction to my credit card, after the company did not respond via email and the phone number went directly to voice mail.  I tried to cancel my order with no response from the vendor.  Nobody responds from this company but they certainly did  respond to the chargeback promptly with fake phone number.  One month later I received a small package with a cheap iphone case in it (I don't even own an Iphone) from China.  It had the same tracking number on the package as the Paypal transaction did for this seller, but it most certainly was not any Nest product or the Nest Doorbell I ordered.  Now this site is defunct https://nesthome.nsprosite.com/, after I reported to Paypal and My cc company.  It is apparent to me that this is a very convincing, yet false/ fraudulent or “spoof,” Nest account that I came across accidentally via my Nest/ Google account. I made a purchase and never received the items. PayPal is also less than helpful and in my opinion allowing these companies to scam people using their services with no way to reach a live person for Guest PayPal payments.  They have been scamming people for awhile through PayPal, after reviewing the blog.  PayPal is not doing anything to shut them down.

This is the website:

https://nesthome.nsprosite.com/

I have a PayPal charge on my VISA from FRANCHISEST.  Invoice is from Franchise Store.  Looks like they are getting rich off this scam.  Reported them to FTC.  BEWARE!!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

G53
Contributor
Contributor

I too was scammed and PayPal sided with the fraudulent company. I was unable to retrieve my money from the bank.

Login to Me Too

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor

Keep complaining about them please!  Hate to say it but be as annoying as possible about these scammers.  They are bilking via numerous websites and PayPal just let's them get away with it.  There motus operandi is to mail you something with the same tracking number as the PayPal Invoice that is a cheap item in a small package.  Then they work both systems credit card chargebacks and PayPal using the guidelines set up by law and PayPal to thwart the consumer.  You can't cancel because nobody to reach, payment is instantaneous and these scammers need to be shut down.  PayPal sides with them because they don't care and don't want to be responsible for the money.  The credit cards have to abide by law.  These scammers are working the system, respond to the chargebacks with help from guidance on PayPal to keep your hard earned money.  Complain, complain and flood PayPal, your credit card company and post about them on every and all website you can! 

Login to Me Too

G53
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I totally agree. I was scammed last summer. PayPal sided with the fraudulent Chinese company. They gave a fake email address and tracking number. Bev

Login to Me Too

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor
Filed BBB complaint against PayPal they will not provide dispute information for Guest payment. Have exhausted all avenues through credit card. Credit card removed transaction. PayPal has rebilled three times and will not respond to messages. Plan to file more complaints against both merchant and PayPal if they don't help. Obviously the scam merchant is using fake information so you cant find them.
Login to Me Too

G53
Contributor
Contributor

You are so right. Bank would not give me back my money. Tried to see if I could file an appeal with PayPal. Case closed though. Sent message through messenger but so far no results. Filed with FTC and will try BBB next. Thanks for responding. We have just got to keep on trying. Thanks

Login to Me Too

G53
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to contact merchant. They have given a fake email and tracking number. 

Login to Me Too

G53
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a comforter and received a small envelop with a small pillowcase inside. You are right PayPal sides with the people committing fraud. 

Login to Me Too

G53
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe this will help. Call PayPal Credit and tell them that fraud has been committed and that you have not been able to reach PayPal or the merchant and ask them to put you in touch with someone at PayPal. I think they have a way to contact them. Let me know.

Login to Me Too

Monkey443
I am so angry that thru all this covid craziness we cant trust anyone..even PAYPAL..!! So sad.. Letting scammers take from all of us that scrape to give our kids some sort if christmas...thanks..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.