Pay Pal Not Responding

GHals
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Long story short, my account was permanently suspended last year. No reason was given. I received an email that I would be able to withdrawal my funds after 180 days. Well two months ago, it was 180 days. I've been sending emails for two months, both on PayPal and through my personal email. I've tried the message centre, facebook chat and community chat. I've even opened up a case to see if they'd respond. Nothing. The issue is, the bank account listed on my PayPal account, is no longer active, so I need to update that bank account to withdrawal. Like I said, I've been calling and emailing for months, with no response yet. I'm really not to sure what to do, as this almost seems illegal. I'm not asking for much, just to withdrawal the funds in my account. Does anyone have any ideas, or suggestions on how to get ahold of somebody, or anything at this point. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Msegovia
New Community Member
I am definitely having this issue too. I have tried calling PayPal DURING BUSINESS HOURS about my account being hacked and having over $200 stolen from me and and the automated messaging system says to call back during business hours. I’ve tried messaging them about the account but I can’t message them without logging in so there’s no wait for me to even begin to resolve the issue. PayPal is a **bleep**ing scam.
Login to Me Too

danieloverbury
Contributor
Contributor

I agree pay pal is a sick joke, ran by idiots. And to think we are paying them'

Login to Me Too

GHals
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been almost 2 months now and still no response, via chat, phone, help, email, etc. No contact at all and my money is still stuck in my account. This is a joke.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GHals 

You can normally withdraw via any linked bank account / card already on your permanently limited account. I don't think you can add a funding source to that account.

So your best option is to contact customer services and ask them to link a card for you OR send you a cheque with the balance in the post as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.