Partial refund dilemma

retro-city
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a dispute when a seller promised me a partial refund, that never arrived. Now, they are giving a full refund if i return the item, 3 months after purchase. I bought a number of vhs tapes, took pictures of all the broken/moldy ones, and disposed of them. I cannot send them back! Now what happens?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@retro-city 

The negotiation stage is the dispute part, then you can sort a part refund with the seller.

If you escalate to a claim and paypal get involved then the 'only' option paypal give you if you win the claim is to return what you received back to the seller, trackable to prove delivery before you get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Contact customer service via chat in message center. Convince a rep to re-open or appeal the case, upload the photos of the worthless items you received. If you believe a crime has occurred, file complaint at ic3.gov (ic3 dot gov) and upload prove of submission to PP. They occasionally will make exceptions and process refunds.

Don't give up just because PP's policy say you're **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.