Partial refund against damaged goods

Scewae
Contributor
Contributor
I have asked for a partial refund against a flat pack shed. Upon building it I discovered the door had a hole in it and one of the side panels was defective. I have been told I have to send the entire shed back to receive a partial refund. that I have to post the entire shed back to the main company headquarters. because of the weight and size of the shed this is absolutely unreasonable. PayPal have said unless I send The shed back I am not entitled to any refund. Can anybody offer any suggestions on next step forward. I have contacted the shed company numerous times and was supposed of received new parts which I’m still waiting for nearly a month later. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scewae 

Any part refunds / part returns is between you and the seller to be sorted out in the dispute part of the claim.

Once escalated the ONLY option you get with paypal is return of everything you received back to the seller for a full refund, they don't get involved in part returns or part refunds.

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.
If the seller is in the same country as you then maybe consider the small claims court if you have that option in your country?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.