Partial Refund

Fifelady
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 items from an online retailer but only received 1. I paid through my PayPal account. I chased with the retailer who said the missing item was dispatched from a separate warehouse and they sent a tracking no. The tracking stated the item was in transit but when I clicked through the courier site said it was awaiting receipt of the item from the seller. This status remains the same to date. Emails from seller said wait until Thursday then checking with courier and advised response would take 3 days. I opened a dispute with PayPal seller is now saying the item is no longer in stock and I need to close the dispute so they can do a partial refund. Can they not do this with the dispute open.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fifelady

If you had to close a paypal dispute to get a refund then it would make the whole dispute process pointless.

Of course they can refund whilst its open and if they do so then it would automatically close the dispute.

NEVER close a dispute until you have your refund or happy with any item and make sure you escalate to a claim for paypal to sort if the seller does not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fifelady

If you had to close a paypal dispute to get a refund then it would make the whole dispute process pointless.

Of course they can refund whilst its open and if they do so then it would automatically close the dispute.

NEVER close a dispute until you have your refund or happy with any item and make sure you escalate to a claim for paypal to sort if the seller does not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fifelady
Contributor
Contributor
The other option they said was to reduce my claim as I did receive 1 item. Is it possible to do this, I don’t see any options.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.