Parcels not received from Tecobuy

Jwnuang
Contributor
Contributor

I bought two Air pods in Tecobuy in early February and not receive my items until now. I waited more than a month.

They have very poor customer services and the tracking number they provided show no record of parcel. 

I've requested Paypal to help me get a refund from this situation. I have to wait until the end of March to know whether my case can be solved or not.

Very ridiculous experience of online shopping ever.

Does anyone have the similar problem and knowing how to claim the money back?  

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jwnuang 

Sounds like one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jwnuang
Contributor
Contributor

I am just worrying that will Paypal help me to get full refund. 

I spent more than £200 on this and it's been a month or so.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jwnuang 

Trouble is with these scam web sites as soon as you open a dispute for non receipt of item they promptly send the item (normally tat) and provide a tracking number so paypal closes the dispute, and you are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

So if that happens and you receive the item and its tat then you need to phone customer services and see if they will open a dispute for you for item received but not as described....then again IF they find in your favour and you are requested to return the item then you would need to have activated the return shipping link to get help with those return costs. (can't give it to you as you have not said what country you are in).

Finally if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider a chargeback directly via your card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pjb17
New Community Member

I realise that at this time countries may be having delays due to Covid-19, but if there's a lack of staff it doesn't take too much effort to say so.

Tecobuy has absolutely no customer service (can't say if it's just AT THIS TIME or prior to this since it's my first time buying from them).

I am concerned though - Why does PayPal do business with them if they don't have a contact number for customer disputes and no shipping address to send items back to if they are faulty?

Shouldn't this be a pre-requisite for PayPal before they allow a new vendor to use their name and services for transactions?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pjb17 

It would  be impossible to check every seller / website / merchant worldwide that adds paypal as a payment processor to receive paypal payments.

I could set up a website in about 30 minutes and add lots of terms and conditions to make it look really good + lots of lovely stolen pictures and mark them at bargain prices.

By the time the buyer has realised the order is not coming or i have sent tat and then by the time enough of them have opened paypal disputes so that paypal realises its a scam website then i could ditch that website and open up another and start over.

Thats why its best to read up on paypals limited buyer protection and then risk assess who you buy from.

Scam websites usually have...............

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

esendon

I bought a tablet for £539 and I have not received it. I am asking for a refund. This company if a scam.

Login to Me Too

Mave4
Contributor
Contributor
Bought ring doorbell on 18th November. No sign of it and techobuy not answering my correspondence
Login to Me Too

esendon

Have you received your ringbell. I bought a tablet and have not received it. This company seems a scam. I don't understand why PayPal allows purchases to this company.

Login to Me Too

esendon

I bought a Samsung Table for £539 and it has not been delivered. TecoBuy does not respond to emails. PayPal should block payments to this company before more people are scammed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.