Papal not responding to calls or emails

allysarabasto
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to fix my account limitation for 1 month now but PayPal is not helping me on emails or even on calls, they keep on cutting my line and not responding to any of my emails. These are my problems 1. account is locked because of age restrictions (I'm 18) 2. Not being able to withdraw and receive money 3. Not able to link my VISA card and MasterCard even the given code is not working 4. They gave me a fee just for receiving money even though the payment is on hold for 22 days 5. I can't handle the stress anymore, PayPal's system sucks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allysarabasto 

I think the point is were you 18 when you opened your paypal account or did you break their rules and open an underage account?

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account, not guaranteed however.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

allysarabasto
Contributor
Contributor

hi, @kernowlass they sent me this email last week

Thank you for the information, Allysa. I’m sorry you no longer have access to our services. This type of decision isn’t something we do lightly, and I can assure you that we fully review all factors of an account before making this type of decision. While I understand that you don’t agree with the outcome, this is something that would have been fully reviewed and we would be unable to change. If there is a balance in the account, that will be held for up to 180 days to minimize any potential risk of loss due to disputes or chargebacks that may be filed during that period. After 180 days, you’ll be notified of your ability to withdraw the balance. If you have any issues then, please let us know. I regret that we’re unable to provide the answer you’re looking for in this situation, and hope you have a good rest of the day! -Shirley

this was my response: 

"every time I click to transfer money it says "error" I understand that my account was made when I was below 18 yrs. old but that Is NO reason for you to withhold the money I have. I will not accept that you will keep my money away from me for half a year. These are against my rights. Please find a way to get that money and transfer it to the other PayPal account that I made."

I still got no response from them, I will not accept their decision to keep my money for 6 months, that is BS.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allysarabasto 

Sadly won't make any difference as you agreed to the policy when you opened your paypal account and agreed to their user agreement.

Your best bet would have been to not break their rules and open an illegal underage account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tina-1234
New Community Member

I can't find out India paypal phone or email id to send my query. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tina-1234 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.